评论:
【我想起,当年希腊的诗人曾经歌咏:
I thought once how Theocritus had sung
年复一年,那良辰在殷切的盼望中
Of the sweet years, the dear and wished-for years,
翩然降临,各自带一份礼物
Who each one in a gracious hand appears
分送给世人--年老或是年少。
To bear a gift for mortals, old or young:
当我这么想,感叹着诗人的古调,
And, as I mused it in his antique tongue,
穿过我泪眼所逐渐展开的幻觉,
I saw, in gradual vision through my tears,
我看见,那欢乐的岁月、哀伤的岁月--
The sweet, sad years, the melancholy years,
我自己的年华,把一片片黑影接连着
Those of my own life, who by turns had flung
掠过我的身。紧接着,我就觉察
A shadow across me. Straightway I was 'ware,
(我哭了)我背后正有个神秘的黑影
So weeping, how a mystic Shape did move
在移动,而且一把揪住了我的发,
Behind me, and drew me backward by the hair;
往后拉,还有一声吆喝(我只是在挣扎):
And a voice said in mastery, while I strove, --
“这回是谁逮住了你?猜!”“死,”我答话。
`Guess now who holds thee?' -- `Death.' I said. But, there
听哪,那银铃似的回音:“不是死,是爱!”
The silver answer rang, -- `Not Death, but love.' 】
这是白朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集的第一首,而就是这首诗让我有继续看下去的欲望。
或许我不是很懂,但是我试图去体会。
活着是为了什么?如果是我,我会说:活着就是为了死。
是什么束缚着人?如果是我,我会说:是责任和义务。
而,白朗宁夫人的诗带我进入了一个爱的世界。
是的,活着是为了体会爱。
是爱让人牵挂,让人不舍,让奇迹发生。
正是这爱使白朗宁夫人从禁锢了她24年之久的轮椅上站了起来,重新回到温暖的阳光下。
正因为这样这诗集的字里行间中充满了浓浓纯净的爱意。
【我是怎样地爱你?让我逐一细算。
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
我爱你尽我的心灵所能及到的
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
深邃、宽广、和高度--正象我探求
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
玄冥中上帝的存在和深厚的神恩。
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
我爱你的程度,就象日光和烛焰下
I love thee to the level of everyday's
那每天不用说得的需要。我不加思虑地
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
爱你,就象男子们为正义而斗争;
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
我纯洁地爱你,象他们在赞美前低头。
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
我爱你以我童年的信仰;我爱你
I love thee with the passion put to use
以满怀热情,就象往日满腔的辛酸;
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith
我爱你,抵得上那似乎随着消失的圣者
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
而消逝的爱慕。我爱你以我终生的
With my lost saints, -- I love thee with the breath,
呼吸,微笑和泪珠--假使是上帝的
Smiles, tears, and all my life -- and, if God choose,
意旨,那么,我死了我还要更加爱你!
I shall but love thee better after death.】